Gaming Laptops are becoming more and more popular due to their portability and the power they pack into such a small form factor. You can run graphic hungry games or even can do your productivity tasks on-the-go. I know that highly spec’d desktop computers are more powerful and reliable than a gaming laptop but you can not bring that 40-pounds of machine (monitor and keyboard excluded) with you everywhere, can you?
You can not bring it to the plane or to a business trip with you or if you plan to do a LAN party on top of a mountain to make a world record than you will likely go with a 5-6 pound machine than a 50 pound machine.
Finding a Best Gaming Laptop to meet your needs is not so easy these days. There are so many options out there that you’ll get confused about which one to buy (because every one advertises that they are giving you the best gaming laptop in the world) and some times you end up buy something that becomes outdated after a year or so.
Here, we have compiled a list of 10 Best Gaming Laptops of 2018. This list is not Sorted according to the spec sheet but according the over all performance and form factor that each gaming laptop has to offer.
Best Gaming Laptops of 2018:
Recommended: 10 Best Gaming Mouse to buy in 2018
10. ASUS G75VW:
- Intel Core i7 and Nvidia GTX660M.
- Dual exhaust to keep CPU and GPU cool.
- One touch button to switch between different modes like Power Saving, Quiet, Movie and Gaming modes.
- Great Keyboard layout for Great Gaming Sessions.
- HDMI and ThunderBolt port for high-speed I/O.
Bottom Line: Asus G75VW did a great job in cooling at the max temperature during stress test peaked at 62 c, so its definitely a good Machine.
9. Falcon Northwest DRX:
- 4th-gen Intel Core processors and Dual Nvidia GTX800 series graphics.
- Full size DVI and eSATA ports for high-speed I/O which is a very rare feature.
- Can be completely custom painted according to your needs (no fancy brand stickers on laptop).
- Can last up-to two hours on continues gaming.
Bottom Line: Performance and Looks with Falcon Northwest DRX could be completely customized to match your personality and class.
8. Lenovo IdeaPad Y500:
- Dual 650M Graphics and a 15-inch 1080p Touch Screen for a complete Windows 8 experience.
- 1TB mechanical hard drive with 60GB of Solid State Cache to boost performance.
- A backlit keyboard that stands out more than other backlit notebook keyboards.
- Pull out one graphic card and replace it with a secondary hard drive, Blu-ray burner, or maybe a fan to help cool the machine and make it run faster.
Bottom Line: Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 is a very versatile gaming machine which could be customized according to your productivity needs.
7. Alienware 17:
- 4th-gen Intel Core processors and Nvidia GTX800 series graphics.
- 17-inch gaming beast with some pretty stealth looking build and lighting effects.
- High quality speakers that can get very loud for a laptop.
- 3D display with great viewing angles and matte finish to fight with reflections.
- High quality webcam with Full HD recording for gameplay videos.
- A great keyboard for gaming (4 macro keys with limited functionality).
TechRadar’s Verdict on this Laptop:
While you can get there for less, this gaming laptop is the express lane to high quality PC gaming.
Bottom Line: Solidly built for some serious gaming, this laptop can survive hard gaming sessions and LAN parties.
6. Razer Blade (2013):
- Intel Core i7 4702HQ processor and Nvidia GTX 765M graphics.
- All metal sturdy chassis and super thin design as compared to other big bulky laptops.
- Display is OKAY for gaming and does not make you shout oh-my-colors.
- Keyboard and trackpad are responsive.
- Delivers about 6-7 hours of non-gaming battery performance (1-1.5 hours of gaming).
Bottom Line: Super sleek design to look stylish and still packs some serious performance for the footprint it makes. Order one Now from Amazon.
5. Origin EON17-SLX (2014):
- Dual GTX 880M and Intel Quad Core processor for high performance in any game or productivity scenario.
- Thunderbolt I/O, four port audio inputs/outputs (7.1 audio out) which is a rare option these days.
- 2 mSATA SSDs in RAID0 for performance and a mechanical hard drive for storage.
- LED effects make the laptop look cool and could be customized to compliment the game or your environment.
Bottom Line: Solid design and serious performance is what this machine packs to make you win in LAN parties and help you finish productivity tasks.
Must Read: Top 10 Wireless Routers for Gaming
4. RAZER Blade (2014):
- All brushed black metal solid design with green accents to turn heads.
- 3200×1800 crisp touch-screen display (which is a huge improvement over its predecessor).
- 802.11ac wireless and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity.
- Up-to 512GB of Solid State Performance for blazing fast load times in games, applications and windows.
- The same old Intel Core i7 4702HQ processor but all new Nvidia GTX 870M to deliver serious performance in the super sleek package.
- 4-5 hours of regular use (and 1 hour of gaming) on a completely charged battery.
According to LaptopMag:
The Razer Blade 14 is comfortably seated at the intersection of portability and power, offering excellent graphics and gaming performance with an ultra-high-res display in a slim, lightweight chassis.
Bottom Line: The super sleek design got a serious display and graphics update, making this machine even more popular among gamers and performance enthusiasts.
3. MSI GT70 Dominator Pro:
- Completely customizable steelseries keyboard with no flux whatsoever.
- 17-inch display with webcam and mic for video calls over IP or recording gameplay footage.
- One-touch trackpad on/off switch to avoid accidental inputs.
- One-touch steam button to twitch which can also be customized to your needs.
- Dynaudio sound system for high-definition audio performance.
- Brushed aluminum all-metal design to make it sturdy yet a beautiful beast.
Bottom Line: With ultra-fast Processors and graphics, Dominator Pro looks good, Performs excellent and stands up against some rough gaming.
2. MSI GX60 – One of Best Gaming Laptops of 2018:
- Quad Core A10 4600M processor paired with the powerful Radeon HD 7970M graphics.
- 15-inch Full HD 1080p display.
- A high performance Steel Series keyboard with great built quality.
- RAID0 unto two mSATA Solid State Drives for some serious performance in the gaming.
- Power up-to three displays independently via VGA, HDMI and Display ports and even use the Eyefinity technology.
- 4 port audio switch which can deliver a 7.1 surround sound output to your AV receiver for a true surround sound experience.
1. Alienware 18 – Best Gaming Laptop to Buy in 2018:
- Intel Core i7 4900MQ with Dual GTX 780M graphics.
- 256GB of Solid State Drive for your OS and Game installations + 1TB of mechanical hard drive for storage.
- 18-inch Full HD Display with total brightness of 350nits.
- Lighting effects on all sides and back of the laptop that could be customized manually or set to change in software on the game environment that you are playing.
- Full backlit keyboard and trackpad that deliver great performance in gaming.
There’s a premium to be paid, but the massive Alienware 18 is a show-off-worthy desktop replacement that takes down even the newest PC games, and is just plain fun to use.
Bottom Line: Alienware 18 is solidly built and that build quality and power also adds some decent weight to the laptop which does make it a good desktop replacement but not so good take-me-everywhere machine.
Here I presented Top-Notch Gaming Laptops a Hardcore Gamer would love to own and use. Go on, Select one, buy and Show off one of the Best Gaming Laptops of 2018 in front of your friends.